Thursday, January 27, 2011

Long Time No See

Sorry for not posting in several days, I've been busy getting back into the swing of school. Ive been walking for almost two weeks now, and things have been up and down throughout those two weeks. Coming back to campus for the first time in 5 weeks was certainly odd, but was a much needed return. It was so weird actually seeing my foot and the weirdest thing for me, wearing normal fitting pants! I didn't have to worry about riding the struggle bus and making them fit over the cast. Another moment that I had yesterday was carrying my own laundry basket, I had gone so long pulling it on my scooter, that mid walking to the washer, I said to my suite mate how weird it was to be carrying it. Now, I already established that winter was not the best of all months to break a leg, and it still isn't. I may not be on crutches or a wheel chair or a knee scooter, but there is one thing that is still making my traveling difficult: slush. It's unavoidable no matter where I go. Just yesterday I was walking and and while I walked up, a decent amount of water splashed onto, of course, the walking boot, not the normal close toed boot I was wearing.

Physical therapy is going rather smoothly, making progress each time, today I had an ultrasound of my leg, which I was confused by, but it was a heat ultra sound, to loosen the insane amount of scar tissue I apparently have. Hopefully I will graduate to walking normally soon. But in the mean time, the bus system is definitely coming in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment