Friday, March 25, 2011

The Final Stage, Finally! I'll always be bionic.


I went in for what is hopefully my last appointment with the leg doctor for the next 2 months. Earlier this week, he pulled out about 1/3 of the screw that connects my tibia and fibula because he was worried it would break (which it did). I got an x ray today only to find out that a decent amount of the screw is still in my bone, just chillin. The fibula now has a hole in it and me being curious was wondering if this hole is going to make my leg easier to break in the event of a tumble. However, I was reassured that it would not be and I could proceed to go about my activities. Hopefully next week I will get back to running. After 5 months, the whole broken leg process is finally over. I can finally go back to wearing two shoes. I often see a lot of people in walking boots or casts, and ofter them a word of advice because I know I would have wanted some when I was in a cast. It was definitely a learning experience overall, and although I wish I never have to experience it again, in a way I'm glad I did because it taught me several things and underneath it all there was a lesson: don't ride razor scooters.

I know there are other lessons, but that's the most obvious. If you have the means to pick up a razor scooter, I advise you not to. You'll be glad you didn't.

Side note: for any of you wising to invest in one, if you are over 110 lbs, don't buy it. Mistake #1. There is a reason little kids ride them.


Mmm fun! Stitches! I'm glad its not staples.
The 2/3 screw left in my leg. If you look closely, you can see the hole in the other bone.
A sideview of the hardware. Doesn't that look fun?




No comments:

Post a Comment