Thursday, December 23, 2010

Bye Bye Candy Cane Cast!

As the Christmas season is finally upon us, it was time to bid farewell to my lovely candy cane cast. It was only two days before I got the cast off that people signed it (sorry to all of those who did, I'm no longer in possession of it anymore) and now it is gone. It was a very festive piece to have for 4 weeks but I'm glad I've moved on to better things. Now, due to the icy conditions out, my doctor decided to put me into another cast! Carolina Blue he called it; I figured since Christmas was going to be over, and it was just going to be winter, blue would be fitting. And of course, I had to match my toes with my new cast, so they are now a sparkly shade of blue! Now when they cut of the cast that I had for about 4 weeks, I was in for a great shock. I've never seen so much dead skin in my life. There was literally a line of skin that was current and fresh (my toes that I could clean) and my tan summer skin. It had the sensation of when you have glue stuck to your hand, although you can move your hand, the glue doesn't really move with it, it goes on its own. That's what was going on with the bottom of my foot. X-rays were taken, and everything is looking good! The bone is actually growing back together between the break. Good news! Instead of being in a cast for 10 weeks, I'll be walking out of the doctor's office at 9 weeks! I was fairly excited to hear that. And although going into another cast when I wasn't supposed to wasn't what I wanted to do, I knew it would be worth it. Plus I get to be more festive for winter that way. Once I get the pictures from the appointment from my dad, I will be sure to post them, that way you have an idea of what 4 weeks of dead skin looks like. Only one word I have for that, Yum..

What happens when camp friends get ahold of my cast.

The new and final cast!

No comments:

Post a Comment