Sunday, December 19, 2010

Second Week on Break, What will it bring?

After having being home for a week, the days seem to blend together. Any time I'm telling someone what I did the previous day, I can hardly remember if that happened yesterday or two days ago. This past week, I made an assortment of baked goods ie cookies, a homemade cheesecake and frosted cupcakes. Those are just several things to occupy my time while at home. Last week wasn't really a social week because many of my friends were not home from school just yet. Lucky me, had no finals so I got to come home for a week. However, I did manage to go out to lunch with my friend Andrea and we decorated her christmas tree; while a tad difficult, it is still manageable to do so. I also went to my sister's synchronized swimming show, which I once did for the past four years of my life. It was weird to actually watch the show vs be in it.

This upcoming week looks promising with activities, from going out to lunch with friends, going to get my nails done, and even going to the doctor! No more candy cane cast as of Wednesday! Hopefully it will be a ace bandage of sort so I can actually wash my foot. I don't know if any of you have ever had a broken leg or arm in winter, but let me tell you, the skin gets very very dry. With dryness, comes itchiness. FYI bendable rulers work wonders to itch inside a cast. Although, at the current moment, mine seems to be missing. The other night, my leg was so itchy that I slept with the ruler in my cast. I woke up and was like "Why is this here? Oh yeah..."

Christmas is this week and you certainly wouldn't know we are in a recession by walking into any mall. I went into the mall yesterday and it was just a mad house. With all those people, many strange looks at my knee scooter did follow. I don't know what is so odd about it, but then again I've gotten more odd looks back at home in one day than I did while I was back at school. Maybe it's a North Shore thing..

You know you've experienced a certain level of bordeom when you do the following:
1. Start copying recipes into a cook book.
2. Log on to Skype and pray that someone is online, no matter who it is.
3. Clean your room.. even with a cast that is possible.
4. Play a combination of Snake and Bubble Spinner for at least an hour of the day.
5. Organize the clothes in my your suitecase, even though you are not leaving for another 4 weeks.

If you have any suggestions about how to combat this awful winter epidemic, post your ideas. Please. I beg you.

Also, enjoy some fun pictures from my week!

I walked into Walmart and saw this arrangement of Scooters.
I cringed. I was also fairly jealous of the Hello Kitty Scooter.

The blanket I made from the previous post with the movie Santa Claus in the background.
The cupcakes that I frosted, yet wasn't allowed to eat.
My first home-made cheese cake I made for my father's birthday.
My painted Tinkerbell, courtesy of my cousin Stephanie.



No comments:

Post a Comment