Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Snow... Well This Should Be Interesting..

Happy December 1st all! What a way to start out the season with snow on the first day. Now well snow can be very exciting, I have an added element to be aware of, this cast wedged onto my leg. With the latest addition of my leg scooter, things are going to get slippery. Walking home in the rain was super special the other day. Thankfully I had a plastic Walgreen's bag in my backpack, otherwise things would have gotten rather soggy rather quickly. I made it home rather damp, but the leg was dry. Now with snow, there shall be ice. I've already experienced fish-tailing with the scooter. I didn't even know that was possible. I will say one thing, the campus needs to take better care of sidewalks and ramps. Going into the art building this morning, the normal path with stairs had salt and what not, the long path to the hidden ramp- nada. The steep ram is bad when dry, when covered with snow, even scarier. I was just worried I was going to slide all the way back down after getting up. Thankfully that wasn't the case.

Going back to a previous post, thanks to all the people who continually help me. I don't know where you all have been hiding out, but thanks for helping. I guess someone just needs to break a body part to get some help and find all the nice people. Although, I will say it is indeed a great conversation starter. I can't tell you how many times I've told the scooter story, and then I get a funny look (since I'm on a scooter again) and go 'yes, I know it's ironic'. But it's always interesting to re-see people that have helped me and they ask how I'm doing. It's comforting to know there are some people in society that care.

For everyone's personal enjoyment, here is a Winter Accidents video that probably ended a decent amount of people in a cast of some sort.

Funny Winter Accidents

No comments:

Post a Comment