Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 1 of Winter Break, Time to Get Crafty

So it is officially the half way point in my non-weight bearing days. yippie skippy... Still another 5 to go. Basically that puts me 3 days before I go back for second semester. What a wonderful way to spend break right? Well, I've decided to do little things to keep myself busy. I did all sorts of things today that Google did not recommend to me like last time ( How to use a cast iron skillet?? in related topics). For all of those who may read this blog and have a similar situation, thinking to yourself, "it's winter, there is snow, I'm broken, wtf do I do now?" That was one of my many thoughts going into the winter season. However, my ideas are not only for those who are broken, if you find yourself home for winter break, and say to yourself, "winter blizzard outside, wtf do i do?" Have no fear my friend, I've got ideas for you too. Here are just a few of the many ideas to come for this long 5 week winter season. To assist in the search, hopefully this will pop up onto Google and actually help those in a cast find activities, not those in a cast wishing to use a cast iron skillet or things to do while waiting for my Twilight Dvd.
So, things to do while in a cast or stuck inside entry #1:
1. Wrap Christmas presents. Although this can be difficult on one leg, I made it work. So can you. It's a good way to kill about an hour and a half or so depending on gift size, skill level of wrapping, and ability to not stick tape to itself etc.
2. Go with a family member to pick up a sibling from school. It gets you out of the house, even if it's just in the car. Plus, you get a confused sibling saying to themselves, why are you in the car?

3. Make cookies. Who doesn't love cookies? Now either you can get all homemade and fancy or you can get the lovely ones that are pre-made and pre-cut. Although they won't be made with love, they will taste just fine.
4. Make a fleece blanket. It's chilly outside these days (currently feeling like -5 fyi) and a nice blanket= a warm happy monica. So either trek out to Jo Anns or wherever you want to get your fabric that suites your fancy, and pick some fleece out. Now, after today's experience, I would highly recommend not getting the fuzzy fleece that sheds every time you touch it or cut it.
Although, the cleaning of the fuzz does kill a great deal of time, if it also doesn't kill the vaccum along the way. This activity I would highly recommend while watching a classic movie youknow the words to (Casper, Home Alone etc.) that way you are pretty much listening and know what's going on.

More ideas to come. If you think of any or want to have me try something, either leave a nice comment or hit me up on Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. Learn a new Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/Indesign technique and master it.

    ReplyDelete