Monday, November 29, 2010

The Adventures of Monica on a Knee Scooter

Recently, I have acquired a Rollabout Knee Scooter instead of a wheel chair and crutches. Let me tell you, it is so much easier to do just about anything. I feel more mobile than I have in weeks and it's great! I'm actually able to open doors all on my own, minus the few heavy ones in the art building ( Even with a knee scooter, the art building ramp is still death). The funny looks I've been getting is ridiculous, everyone looks at me like I have about 5 heads. Maybe these people just aren't used to it,  or maybe they are jealous, but I'm sure its the first one.

One of the downsides of this Knee Scooter is I don't bring my crutches with, thus when I have to go into tiny places, I must hop on my good leg. That's always fun to watch, it's amusement for those who have to put up with me (sam).

It's kind of ironic that I'm now in a scooter, since that would be the mode of travel that caused this accident. Hopefully this scooter having four wheel instead of two might be a little bit better for Monica the second time around.

Now some of you may ask, what exactly does a knee scooter look like?
Click on this video to find out, unfortunately mine  isn't the sweet colors that they have in the video.
Knee Scooter!

No comments:

Post a Comment