Monday, November 22, 2010

A Good Way to Make the Next 1,680 Hours Go by Faster

So, I realized the next ten weeks or so equals out to about 1,680 hours. That's a lot of time to figure out what to do with. In a cast, it definitely seems a lot longer than than. But as of today, two weeks down. Anyways,  I recently took a little journey to Michael's Craft store trying to find something to do to occupy this time. I came across this foam gingerbread house that looked like fun, and hey for $2.99, I said why not. So last night, I decided to open it and give it a try. With about 50 different pieces, it was a little intimidating, yet the picture on the package helped out a little. The set did come with a few extra pieces and rather than yellow pin striped circles, it came with green ones that didn't match the yellow gum drops. Also, you would think that an art major would be able to do this project with ease, but once you peal off that white backing, and place it down, if one thing is off, everything becomes off. Let me tell you, I had to re-arrange the decorations multiple times. That's besides the point. 

The Finished Project

I've begun to look at the glass as half full instead of half empty. Instead of looking at the next few weeks as 8 or 10 weeks, I'm looking at it as 2 weeks down. 

Today, I visited my high school. It was definitely interesting getting around on crutches. It was like I never left. I started up conversations that I had in May. I probably told my story a good ten or so times, and got that ever so curious question, "How did you do all that on a scooter?" Believe me, I keep asking myself the same thing. They say I should have come up with a better story that didn't involve a child's scooter. They suggest I should travel by bike from now on, I'll look cooler. I would have to agree. I don't think I will riding any scooters anytime soon. 
RIP
Razor Scooter
Nov 4 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment