Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Drawing and Going Out- The Essentials of Staying Occupied

So after missing 9 days of school equals a lot of work to make up. Among these assignments was a self portrait, not a small one, one on the scale of 30x24. Yikees. If it's one thing I'm not good at, it's drawing. This assignment should be fun, especially since I am going to poorly draw myself. Overall, the project wasn't that bad, just very time consuming. Hey, it's a good way to pass the time I suppose. After a few days of working on it, it's pretty much done.


The Original
   The Drawing 

It's not 100% accurate but I would say it's one of the best I've drawn in the semester.

Went out to lunch with my friend Sarah today, we went to California Pizza Kitchen. The hummus was delicious and the four- cheese ravioli was rather yummy. It's nice to get out of the house and be social every once and a while. All the crazy holiday shopping has started too. It's not even Thanksgiving and people are coming out of the mall with 5 or 6 bags. Come on people... Maybe everyone is shopping for Hanukkah, I mean it is a very Jewish suburb, I wouldn't be surprised. I remember when I used to work in a Hallmark, the old jewish women would come in in September or October looking for Hanukkah cards for a holiday that is about 2 months away. I could write about a million stories about customers but that's for a different day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment